Get technical help and guidance
Here you will find the technical help you need to be more effective working remotely.
Technical help for teleworkers
Accessing Office productivity tools
Office productivity tools
- Access Microsoft Office O365 applications at https://portal.office.com
- With your government account, you can install Office applications on five different work or personal computers (Windows/Mac), phones, or tablets.
- Training is available from Microsoft
Installing Microsoft Office on your personal computer
If you use Office 365, you can download Office on up to five different devices.
- Go to office.com
- Log in to Office with your work credentials
- In the upper right corner of your browser screen you should see a button labeled “Install Office”. Click on the button.
- A new window will appear with instructions to download and install
Installing Microsoft Office on a mobile phone
You can install Office 365 applications on your mobile phone. Go to your phone providers App store and search for Microsoft Office products to install. Teams and Outlook can ensure you stay connected with your colleagues.
Verify your internet speed
Do you need to validate your own internet speed to ensure that you have what you need to telework? You can very easily check your bandwidth with a quick speed test.
Using your favorite browser, go to www.speedtest.net.
Click go to run the test. Internet speed may be slower with multiple users. Try to test your internet speed during normal working hours when your housemates are also using the internet to get a more clear understanding of your internet speed. You will receive two numbers, one for your download and upload speed. If either is less than 3 Mbps, you may not have sufficient bandwidth for some applications such as video conferencing.
Calculate your network requirements
Several factors may impact your telework experience when it comes to internet connection speed. While there is no method to specify exact bandwidth requirements for telework, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has provided general household broadband guidelines that provides guidance based on use and number of devices.
How to send an encrypted e-mail in Microsoft Outlook
Collaborate and share files and folders with OneDrive
View emergency guidance at the state’s COVID-19 Operational Guidance site.